10 Tips for a Successful Stay at Shorecrest

High school can be daunting, but don’t let the big building scare you, there’s some things you can do to make your time at Shorecrest run smoothly.

1. Don’t group up or stop in the hallways. Think of them as the veins of Shorecrest, we want to avoid blood clots.
  2. Get hyphy! You will be in the minority if you don’t dress up.
  3. Do your homework, and do it on time. Your Freshman year grades DO matter.
  4. Study for your tests and don’t be afraid to ask your teachers for help. Trust me, they don’t want you to fail.
  5. Challenge yourself. Try out an honors or AP class if you feel confident, you might make some new friends or find a subject you love. It’s a great way to get out of your comfort zone and grow as a person.
  6. Go to some clubs. The upper classmen will not shun you, and you might make a friend who happens to have a car. Hello, off campus lunch! Remember, it’s never too late to join a club.
  7. Make sure you take time for yourself. Mental health is just as important as physical health.
  8. Reach out to old and new friends, and don’t worry about letting people go who might not be a good influence, trustworthy or safe. High school is much easier when you have real, caring friends by your side.
  9. Go to at least one sports game. Even if you have no idea what’s happening on the football field, it’s fun to be a part of something crazy, which home football games tend to be.
  10. Get to know your teachers. I know it’s corny, but they’re people too!